Friday, March 25, 2011

PROJECT MATT is 100% Commissioned!

C.U.M.F.O.R.T.S. blanket is proud to announce that PROJECT MATT is now 100% commissioned!
 
On the evening of March 24, 2011, we received our final donation for PROJECT MATT - bringing our grand total of $1000.00 raised in honor of Matt Mingus for Team in Training - The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Our donors have commissioned 100 Donor Medallions to assembled for a blanket for Matt, which we are working furiously to complete! To celebrate, I snuggled up in my bed on a stormy evening to complete 41 Donor Medallions, meaning there are 59 Donor Medallions in my queue to complete. But when they are completed, we will have a huge labor-of-love to deliver to Matt and his family!

Donors, thank you all for your support. Your generous hearts are the life-blood of this project, and it is your example that I look to find the motivation I need to keep working on this project!

I would like to take this time to recognize those who I have not had an opportunity to thank yet:
  • Courtney Gee - I am grateful the support from my little sister! Thank you for finding the funds to make a monetary donation, even though you are a "starving" college student. Now that I have taught you how to make these Medallions, I hope that you can contribute by sending me a few "Courtney-crafted" Medallions from sunny Santa Barbara to include in one of our Projects!
  • Pat & Gerry Hing - A big, big hug goes out to my grandparents, Pat & Gerry, the owners/operators of Hing Accountancy Corp. in San Mateo (best CPAs in town!). They taught me the importance of giving and sharing, and I am grateful to continually have their love and support in everything that I do. Thank you PawPaw and GoongGoong!
  • Alison Hench - A soon-to-be Doctor of Osteopathy, and one of the coolest people I know, Alison sent C.U.M.F.O.R.T.S. blanket her love from her study-cubby at Touro University. Thank you to my KGD sister, my role model, and my pal Alison for your contribution & loves - the world is a better place because YOU are in it!
  • Anna Ye - Easily one of the smartest people I know, Anna sent us her love from her research-cubicle at the University of Califonia, Davis. Thank you to my KGD sister and goofball buddy Anna for your support - I miss you terribly and I hope I will see you soon when I am in Davis in April!
To all of our current and future Donors, thank you for becoming GeeTEAM teammates! You make all of this possible and I am forever grateful!

Now that we have completed our first C.U.M.F.O.R.T.S. blanket project, it is time to move on to our next projects...

We are now accepting Nominations for our next Project, and are looking to our Community to nominate Honorees (blood cancer patients & survivors) to receive a commissioned C.U.M.F.O.R.T.S. blanket Project. Our goal for this season is to complete five blankets - each representing $1000 raised for LLS. Please take some time to consider how blood cancer has touched your life: perhaps you have a relative, friend, coworker, or acquaitence who is a blood cancer patient or survivor. Take this time to fill out a quick survey to nominate an Honoree for a Project!

We will announce our upcoming projects soon!
stay tuned!

No comments: