Monday, March 21, 2011

Little Ideas, Big Actions

“Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.” -George Sheehan

We all have little ideas that occur to us while we hustle/bustle about our busy days. Unfortunately, these little ideas often get scratched onto a scrap of paper, onto the back of our hands, or made into a "mental note" - and are then promptly lost in the fray. We all have greater intentions that often get suffocated under the weight of our daily responsibilities.

I don’t know that I believe we were “meant to be” anything specifically, but we all want to make the world a better place. We all want to mean something to other people. What that looks like differs for all of us, and sometimes it changes from one day, one month, and one year to the next.

But it’s up to us all individually to wake up every day and decide that those intentions are what really matter. It’s not the money, approval, acclaim, or anything else that might distract us from what we believe to be true. What matters is who we want to be, and what we do about it today.

I want to be someone who cares. I want to be someone who chooses not to cause myself pain but isn’t afraid of hurting if it’s the price of loving fully. I want to be someone who does what I believe is right, even when it’s hard. Today, I will, in action and with all my heart.

Today, I would like to encourage you (and by you, I mean you!) to invest in your little ideas by recognizing their potential to become big actions. Who do you want to be–and what will you do about it today?

No comments: