Friday, May 20, 2011

The Pomp of Using a Graphing Calculator

With our Community Garage Sale coming up tomorrow (7AM, 412 31st Avenue, San Mateo), and our fundraising deadline coming close (T-minus 29 days until MARATHON!), I thought it was important to sit down with my spreadsheets and various donation checks to calculate the amount that geeTEAM has raised for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Sure, I could have used the calculator on my phone, or I could have gone old-school and pulled out a pencil and scratch paper. But I wanted this moment to be special; so, I reached into the depths of the boxes I stored in my closet from college and pulled out my GRAPHING CALCULATOR! I don't know how many fellow geek-azoids are out there, but my graphing calculator was King - and I missed it. I cannot lie and say that coming upon it was intentional (I am combing through all of my belongings for goodies to sell tomorrow), but I was happy to find it. And as I decided if it belonged in the "SELL" or "KEEP" pile, I thought this would be a good opportunity to calculate the amount we have raised for LLS.

A recap of our efforts: Bake Sale, Crochet Instructional Events, Bootcamp with MDSF, Bootcamp with FITCLUB Performance, Mighty Bites!, C.U.M.F.O.R.T.S. blanket, and this upcoming Community Garage Sale. That, combined with the generous donations from family, friends and fans and we have raised a grand total of ... (inserting digits on the most awesome Texas Instrument ever created) ...

$3,240.36

(Insert shock! and awe! here.)
Though we are still a ways from our goal of $5,000.00 raised for LLS, I am positive that we will be able to meet our goal this weekend. We are looking forward to a great turn out, some time to spend with family & friends on our front lawn, and a lot of generous do-gooders out-and-about on a beautiful weekend. Please drop by and show your support, we are happy to have you! If you can't make it, please consider making a donation to our effort, every dollar counts!

And a special THANK YOU to all of you that have helped me raise over $3,000 for LLS! You are my heroes and I work hard for you all! <3

stay tuned!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What?! OH MY GOSH! That's fantastic! Yay!!!!

regina said...

that's awesome, jess! this world needs more people like you in it!