Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Alaska ... HERE I COME!

To my dearest family, friends & fans,

It is almost here! Tomorrow evening, I will be boarding a plane for Anchorage, Alaska. On Saturday, I will be running in the Mayor's Marathon -- 26.2 scenic miles through Anchorage wilderness (where I hope to see caribou and eagles!). This season, I am running on behalf of our geeTEAM Honorees -- Matt, Rob, Whitney, Steve, and Zeeky -- I am running to beat blood cancer!

The last few months have been pretty rough, and this season has proven to be more of a challenge than I had anticipated. But, thanks to all of my donors, geeTEAM has raised $3,985.00! Your generosity and support have made this amazing feat possible. Our team of donors, volunteers, and supports have commissioned three C.U.M.F.O.R.T.S. blankets -- for Matt, Rob & Steve -- and we are only $15.00 away from a fully-commissioned blanket for Zeeky. We have come a long way, and have raised a significant contribution for blood cancer research and patient services, but we can do more! Our goal this season was to raise $5,000.00, and to commission a total of five blankets. And with your help, we still can still reach our goal. Tell your family/friends, reach into your change drawer, make coffee at home for a week -- there is still time to make a contribution to the LLS and C.U.M.F.O.R.T.S. blanket missions! A donation of $20 to LLS will commission two Donor Medallions and get us 2% closer to our goal.

I would like to extend the sincerest thanks that I can muster to all of those who have been so instrumental in my success this season. In just over 4 very short months, I have raised awareness and funds for LLS to a magnitude that I could not have fathomed possible -- it has not been easy, but it was a blessed opportunity and an experience that I cherish. In these short months, I have done my best to prepare my body and mind for the strenuous work of this endurance event -- which has proven to be the greatest challenge, but the is best thing that I have ever done for myself. I have struggled through injury, looming deadlines, training upsets, and event after fundraising-event. But I have come out of this experience with strength, humility, gratitude, and love. If I could, I would reach through the screen and squeeze you too-tight, because I do not have the words to express my thanks for all of your support.

I will be thinking of you, carrying you with me in my heart as I trek these 26.2 miles. I am doing this for you -- because you believe in me. I am doing this for our Honorees -- because you believe in Contributing Unconditional Means for Research, Treatment, and Support. I am doing this for me -- because will all of the support that you have offered me, I know that I will succeed.

I could not have done this without you. Please keep me in your thoughts this weekend, because you will be in mine. In advance, thank you for carrying me across the finish line.

Lots of love from the bottoms of my heart & feet,
Jess

No comments: