Friday, February 11, 2011

Welcome to GeeTEAM!

train, endure, achieve, matter
train.endure.achieve.matter.
Racing to Save Lives

Welcome to GeeTEAM!

2011 is a new year, and the perfect time to reevaluate my goals and make a commitment to a cause. After much research (and, admittedly, trepidation), I joined The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training. With Team in Training, I will train for an endurance event, achieve the seemingly impossible by competing in a full (26.2 mile) marathon in Anchorage, Alaska on June 18th, while simultaneously achieving my larger goal of raising awareness and funds for LLS!

All of us on Team In Training are raising funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives. I am completing my marathon event in honor of all individuals who are battling blood cancers. These people are the real heroes on our team, and we need your support to cross the ultimate finish line - a cure!

Please make a donation to support my participation in Team In Training and help advance LLS's mission. Join GeeTEAM and together we can raise our goal of $5000 USD this season.

I hope you will visit the GeeTEAM fund-raising website often. Be sure to check back frequently to see my progress. Thanks for your support!

go TEAM!
- jessica

No comments: